Sunday, February 22, 2009

A politician who believes

Being sent to the back bench hasn't stopped Cory Bernardi from blogging. Here's an extract from his latest post:

Personally I was never one to be won over. I always had a belief in free markets, smaller government, personal responsibility and what many refer to as 'traditional values'. This was unfashionable as a uni student but eventually these principles prevailed and provided Australia with unprecedented prosperity.

Yet in 2009 the political climate has changed and I suspect that us small government free marketeers will be unfashionable again for a few years yet.

Does that mean we should stop advocating for what we believe is right for families, for communities and for our nation?

I say no. If you believe in what you are doing. If you have the courage of your convictions then you can withstand almost any storm.

I think I will be linking to him more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment