Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kristina and Ferguson's painting

A portrait of pedophile Dennis Ferguson has been submitted to this year's Archibald Prize competition. Our Virgin Queen Kristina Keneally does not approve:
"We all know sometimes art pushes the boundaries but I think this time it has gone too far," she said.

"I think most of the community, and I join them, thinks this is a painting we simply didn't need to see."

The portrait shows Ferguson in the painting's background, with Brett Collins from Justice action group in the foreground.

Asked if the NSW Art Gallery should be stopped from hanging the painting, Ms Keneally answered in the negative but said she wouldn't look at it.

"I don't think this was a painting we needed to see," she said.

"It's been entered and I think the community will make their own judgment.

"I certainly won't be going to view it."

If you don't want to see it fine Kristina, nobody is forcing you too. The real question is does the competition receive any financial support from the government and if so why?

No comments:

Post a Comment