Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Smoking bans

Various diversions have prevented me from blogging much but one thing I have been doing is writing letters to local newspapers. The latest being on one Parramatta councilor attempts to ban outdoor smoking. The following was published in this week's Parramatta Advertiser 

*************

I want to thank Clrs Bide, Lloyd, Wilson and the other councilors for standing up to a nanny state authoritarian like Clr McDermott. I'm a non smoker, but am sick and tired people who want to take away our freedoms supposedly for our own good. Tobacco is legal and smokers have as much right to enjoy our city as non smokers. His fellow nanny, Ms Watson, may be disappointed in the Council's good sense, but I can assure her that even if a person never smokes a single cigarette, they are going to die. If smoking gives a person pleasure they have every right to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment