Thursday, April 7, 2011

It gets worse

The ADFA  sex webcam scandal is bringing out even more disturbing allegations. Now its allegations of rape and cover up:

On Thursday, new claims of rape and sexual misconduct at the college came to light.
A former divisional officer who worked at the academy in 2006 says he quickly left because of the culture of covering up misbehaviour and misconduct.
"I had a cadet in my actual division who was actually stalking and harassing another first-year female," Mark told AAP on Thursday.
"He blatantly lied to me and my divisional sergeant.
"I asked for action to be taken against him in the way of formal charges; they wouldn't do it."
A woman in Brisbane said her niece was raped while training at the academy.
"She was told by her commanding officer to suck it up," the woman told ABC radio in Brisbane on Thursday.
"The defence force did absolutely nothing."
Now lets be clear, these are allegations not proven facts. But if I was the Minister I would want a full independent investigation of the ADFA. I find it hard to believe that the web cam scandal is some one off. I suspect a misogynist culture that  turns a blind eye to such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment