Friday, May 30, 2008

I'll keep my UBD

I intend to purchase a satnav system in the next few weeks (anyone has a recommendation?) but after reading this article I think I'll still be keeping my UBD directory.

STATE police have urged motorists to use maps instead of GPS devices to avoid being stranded on remote roads.

Police in Bright, Victoria, have reported at least two incidents where tourists have followed GPS directions and found themselves stuck on four-wheel-drive (4WD) tracks.

Most recently, a family with a young child used GPS to navigate the shortest route home via Bright. The satellite navigation unit directed their sedan to a 4WD track in the Tea Tree Range, where they became stranded on a steep, wet slope and had to contact police for assistance.....


No comments:

Post a Comment